Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my blog. I hope you find the information I write here about my disease, achalasia, helpful. My goal is to have one less person not have to go through what I went through. I hope to be an advocate for this disease, and hope people can learn from it, as well.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." -Proverbs 3:5,6

This gets me through the weeks. It's so hard living with this. I don't mean to complain, but it's so annoying. I literally don't do anything with my friends anymore because I'm too embarrassed that I'll get sick. I went to Thai Smile in Muncie the other night with my roommate, and one of the first things she said to me was, "I don't know where the bathroom is." She makes sure to scope it out for me as soon as we get into a restaurant. Super nice, but, shouldn't be happening.

I'm really embarrassed and very self-conscious, and can't wait until my surgery. This will give me a brand new life, and I'm so excited for it.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment