Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my blog. I hope you find the information I write here about my disease, achalasia, helpful. My goal is to have one less person not have to go through what I went through. I hope to be an advocate for this disease, and hope people can learn from it, as well.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

I realized after my best friend Kelly came into town and said something to me and after there was nasty stuff on my pillow case the other night that I've been throwing up in my sleep and not even realizing it. That concerns me, and I'm a tad nervous about all of that. I told one of my roommates about that and she's making me keep my door unlocked from now on, haha. Okay, it's not really a laughing matter, and it freaks me out a bit. It's scary to know that I don't realize I do that!

Everyday I lose more and more weight. I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 60 pounds from when this whole thing started. Somedays, when I think I actually am eating well, those are the days that are the worst. I can tell when food goes into my stomach because it rarely happens, so now when it DOES happen, my stomach gets really upset and I feel nauseous.

I talked to one of my professors yesterday about possibly getting surgery ASAP when my surgeon comes back. She's one of the profs that I thought wouldn't be a big fan of all of that, and would be a pain in the butt to try and work with, but she was actually very nice, and very helpful about the whole thing. Way to go, Kelli!

That's all for now. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment