Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my blog. I hope you find the information I write here about my disease, achalasia, helpful. My goal is to have one less person not have to go through what I went through. I hope to be an advocate for this disease, and hope people can learn from it, as well.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

GOOD NEWS!

Hey everyone!

I finally found out my surgery date! It will be December 4 at (I'm pretty sure) St. Vincent's in Indianapolis. I AM SO EXCITED! I cried when I found out, haha. I'm very very excited to be able to have my life back again! I've had so much support throughout this whole ordeal and I really appreciate everyone's love and compassion towards me. You have absolutely no idea how much it means to me.

One of my friends Alison suggested I do this, so here it is:

A year ago, I was 70 pounds heavier. Before:



After:




This disease has its positive and negative aspects of it. Clearly, I was not healthy at all. I mean, I'm still not, but the before and after pictures just do it for me. I can't believe I was that bad. Achalasia came, really, at the perfect time for me. It's not necessarily a blessing, but I'm almost happy that this happened to me. It was God's way of telling me to get a lifestyle change, and think about what really matters. Drama, parties, etc. are things that I could honestly care less about. I'm more worried about my health in general, and because I've gotten so much help, I want to give back, and Dance Marathon is doing that for me.

I'm extremely happy this surgery is finally in the books. I'm so excited to get better!! :)

Keep reading :) Thank you all for everything!!

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful. I thought it was so cool when you said you realized what's important in life. God didn't want you to have this disease. This was not part of his plan. He just thought it was time that you looked back to him. Looks like you did by realizing what's important. ... and look what he did for you... got you a surgery date and a new and improved body :). Good for you, love!

    ReplyDelete