Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my blog. I hope you find the information I write here about my disease, achalasia, helpful. My goal is to have one less person not have to go through what I went through. I hope to be an advocate for this disease, and hope people can learn from it, as well.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their family! It's great to be home, that's for sure! My break so far as consisted of me being SO lazy! And I'm loving every minute of it :) It's definitely a MUCH needed break!

Thanksgiving was hard for me. I sat with a scoop of mashed potatoes on my plate picking at them while listening to everyone else chewing and going "Mmm, this is SO GOOD." I got fed up, cleared my plate, went upstairs, threw myself a pity party and cried for a minute, and then took a nap. I'm such a party pooper. But I felt it was pointless for me to sit there and listen to that. I enjoyed being around my family and talking to them, but with all the food on the table, it was rough. Blah. Oh well.

I went to the doctor on Wednesday morning because I have a rash on my chest, stomach, and arms, and my mom is paranoid about me being healthy before my surgery. She has every right, I guess, but it's kind of funny now. Anyways, just on Claritin to clear the rash up, and the doctor said that it won't conflict with the surgery.

I went shopping pretty much all day yesterday, and asked to go back out, and my mom was all, "You need to stay close to home. I don't want something to happen to you before Friday." Okay, okay, I get it. So, my apologies now to all of my friends who want me to be a rebel and do fun things this week. After thinking about it, I don't want to risk ANYTHING.

The countdown is officially LESS THAN ONE WEEK!! Ahhh, this time next week I'll be passed out laying in my bed...but I'm ok with it! Haha. I am so ECSTATIC that this is finally happening! I'm also really stressed out. I come back home next Thursday, December 3 after my night class and won't be returning to BSU except to take my finals; even then, it's going to be my mom or dad driving me up there, waiting until I'm done taking the test, and then driving right back home. That's the second week of my bedrest, so really, I shouldn't even be going anyways, but it has to happen. I have so much to do this week! Ah! It's a crazy week, that's for sure: getting everything done before finals, Phi Mu's initiation week, slating for Phi Mu, etc. I'm also missing formal the weekend of my surgery...I'm so bummed! I had my dress picked out and everything :( Oh well. Surgery is WAY worth missing it, and there will definitely be more to come.

6 DAYS
6 DAYS!
6 DAYS!!
6 DAYS!!!

Ah, SO EXCITED! Thanks to everyone who's still been there for me, and especially my best friend Kelly for sending me a package with seasons from my favorite show, Desperate Housewives, and some other movies for me to watch these next couple of weeks :) I really appreciate it!!

Thank you all so much!

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

1 comment: