Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my blog. I hope you find the information I write here about my disease, achalasia, helpful. My goal is to have one less person not have to go through what I went through. I hope to be an advocate for this disease, and hope people can learn from it, as well.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

IT'S OFFICIALLY TOMORROW!!

So...TOMORROW is the big day! I can't wait! This morning, one of my sorority sisters and I went to Starbucks for my one last coffee for awhile, because I won't be able to have it afterwards. Hello, yet, goodbye, iced peppermint mocha. The same sister and I were talking last night and we got talking about my surgery and she ended up working in the office where my doctor works all summer and knows my doctor and all that jazz. Kind of a small world!

I am more than ecstatic about tomorrow, and now, really nervous! I've reminded all of my professors about it, and they've been more than helpful which is absolutely amazing. I know all of this sprung up on them really quickly, so I really appreciate them being so flexible and helping me out. It puts less stress on me knowing all of this!

I'm getting kind of nervous about the whole thing now. A lot of people are asking me questions about it; the more I talk about it, the more anxious I get. I feel very confident in what I talk about, though. My parents and I have done a lot of research on what the procedure is, information about the doctor, etc. I like to show people certain website (they have pictures, and it's a LOT easier to explain) or just direct them towards the blog. I know everything will be okay, but I can't help having that ounce of nervousness in the back of my mind.

My mom said she'll update this for me tomorrow once I get out of surgery and all that jazz. Joke's over if she posts ANY pictures, ugh. Haha.

But yeah, this is officially my last post before I'm all better, YAY!! Again, I really appreciate everyone's support, prayers, thoughts, and kind words of encouragement. Can't wait to see you all again in January!

1 comment: