Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my blog. I hope you find the information I write here about my disease, achalasia, helpful. My goal is to have one less person not have to go through what I went through. I hope to be an advocate for this disease, and hope people can learn from it, as well.

Friday, December 4, 2009

After getting to St. Vincent's at 6:30 a.m., waiting for forever, and having a 2 1/2 hour surgery, I'm HERE! They let me have my computer in intensive care, but not my cell phone. Thanks for texting me everyone...I got to check them, but I couldn't respond. Tomorrow, after I move to a different room, I'll be able to use it, so be prepared for texts because I'm bored!

I had a different surgery than expected -- it was as Heller Myotomy. Only 3 incisions, and this time next week? I'll be able to LEGIT eat :) I'm very sore, but have pain meds or it. I had to have an epidural which was weird; I'm NOT preggers, thank you very much. But it's my source of pain meds, wahoo!

It's hard for me to type because I have a thing on my pointer finger, so this has taken me forever to type...I'll update this more tomorrow.

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, texts, emails, and Facebook posts! I really really appreciate everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment