Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my blog. I hope you find the information I write here about my disease, achalasia, helpful. My goal is to have one less person not have to go through what I went through. I hope to be an advocate for this disease, and hope people can learn from it, as well.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Frustration

Last night and today were really frustrating days for me. Last night, I went to QDoba with 2 of my good friends and 1 girl who was a friend of my girlfriend's, someone I'd never met before. She obviously didn't know my history, so getting up and going to the bathroom about 4 times in front of her was really awkward. Everytime I came back and sat down she would look at me like I had bulimia, which is obviously not the case. I don't know...just one of those awkward times where it's stupid to explain to her what's going on because I don't know if I'll ever be hanging out with her again. One of those things.

I woke up (at home! Yay for Fall Break!) and was sick. Just the bad headache, weird stomach, achey sick feeling. I slept for most of the day, and couldn't keep anything down. My mom tried telling me to take Tylenol, but I knew that wouldn't stay down either. It's frustrating because I know medicine would help, but it doesn't stay down, and sometimes my parents don't understand that. They tell me to crush the pills up and put it in water or applesauce, but they don't get that the water or applesauce is the type of stuff that doesn't stay down. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's just hard explaining to them how I feel about this some of the time. My mom used to tell me to stop burping, before she knew what was going on, and it was something I couldn't help. If I'd tell her that, she'd just get mad and say something along the lines of how rude it is, and not to do it, etc. Oh well.

Sometimes it's hard for me to share how I actually feel. Like I've said before, some days are better than others, and people don't understand that. I don't expect them to, but it's just hard.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day, and I'll be able to eat a little bit. I'm looking forward to blogging again, and appreciate how many of you out there are keeping up-to-date with this...thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment